Act-fx is Actuarial Solutions Limited’s product to enhance Microsoft Excel by providing specialist built-in functions for actuarial applications.
Act-fx avoids the need for actuarial departments to program and maintain their own Excel functions to keep up to date with the latest statutory requirements and developments in the profession, thus saving time and in-house resources.
- A set of functions to assist in building Excel spreadsheets for actuarial applications.
- Provided as an Excel ‘add-in’ which can be loaded when required.
- Comprises over 70 functions covering compound interest, mortality, life financial, date manipulation and statutory applications.
- Dynamic updating of spreadsheet results for changed mortality and financial parameters in Excel function calls.
- CMI mortality tables and mortality projections models built-in (CMI subscription required for tables and models after March 2013).
- Greatly simplifies spreadsheet construction, leading to greater accuracy and making spreadsheets easier to read, test and document.
- Comprehensively and independently tested.
- Significant time and cost savings by eliminating the need to develop, maintain and test functions in-house.
- Functions are in compiled form which run much faster than those written in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).